Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Roasted Potatoes with POM

I mentioned how I love potatoes...well "lo and behold"...my sweet daughter-in-law created this beautiful combination of potatoes, which I love so much, and splashed it with POM juice. It was absolutely incredible. I myself, do not have the recipe, but all I can tell you that it had at least 1 cup of POM juice splashed on it...baked at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes. There really wasn't any magic to it, but it tasted absolutely, MAGICAL!


A POM givaway from my foodie friend, Wendy, @weekend gourmet
Before I even knew that she had this givaway, I already had this photo of the POM juice to come up with an authentic recipe. 
Thank you Wendy, and thank you POM!
...and thanks to my lovely daughter-in-law Cara, who created this recipe. As I mentioned in my previous post that we love potatoes, and I really love potatoes. There are so many ways of preparing them as a main meal, vegetarian style, or a side dish that would go with any meats. Cara and my son have been vegetarian on-and-off for a few years, but they are on again. She and I prepare a lot of delicious vegetarian dishes together, at least once or twice a week. I love POM juice too, but have not cooked with it yet, although I think it would make an excellent cocktail with vodka too, or make a nice sorbet, with the juice, and the fruit.
These are just a couple ideas...the recipe, as follows, according to the way Cara prepared it. I just adjusted the seasoning, and watched it baking to a glorious crisp and yummy finish.
Roasted Potatoes with POM
purple potatoes (about 6 small)
Yukon gold potatoes (about 4)
red skinned potatoes (about 6 small)
seasoned salt (she used sea salt mixed with pepper)
a couple sprigs of fresh rosemary peeled
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup POM juice
Cut potatoes, and quarter them, put them into a large plastic sealable baggie...pour over 1/2 cup of the POM juice, the olive oil, add the seasoning, add the peel of one rosemary sprig. Shake the bag real well and place in the refrigerator, for up to an hour to overnight if you wish.
When you are ready to bake it, line a large flat baking pan with aluminum foil, and empty the potatoes from the bag, spread out evenly, and bake at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes, adding the other 1/2 cup of POM, and the second rosemary sprig, sprinkling it over the potatoes. Adjust seasoning, and let it bake to a beautiful crispy finish. Serves 6.

Enhanced by Zemanta
A Lovely Blog Award x 2...again!
I feel so honored again, for getting this special award, from two very special foodie friends. I would never have been able to be so fortunate to meet so many wonderful and talented people, had it not been  for joining Foodbuzz.
Livya, @EatGreek  has a very special and beautiful blog that I love so much, since I truly love Greek food, and prepare quite a few recipes. My son spent a summer in Greece while studying in Israel in his college years, in the mid nineties. He vowed, he would never leave the Greek Island. Now that I fixed my scanner, I do have some beautiful photos to post on my blog about Greece from my son.
If you like Greek food, and like to venture further than a Greek salad, or moussaka, please visit EatGreek  for some amazing trendy and delicious Greek food.
Jo @ Chic&Gorgeous is a lovely young lady, from Malaysia, with such amazing talents for baking the most beautiful cupcakes, which I could never do. She made these pretty pink dainty cupcakes last month, and I commented on it, immediately picking up on the October Breast Cancer Awareness month dedicating it to my younger sister. Jo brought such special joy, by agreeing for me to use it, since I did not have a plan. This went out to all the ladies that survived breast cancer, and to honor the ones that did not survive it.
Jo has a heart of gold, and is sweet and kind, Please visit her blog, and meet her...also do comment!...Let's make more friends.
Thank you for the honor, and I will pass this on to 30 friends, once more! Please let me know if you would like to nominate a friend for the Lovely Blog Award...and why?

19 comments:

wendyweekendgourmet said...

After my dinner party on Monday, I'm convinced that POM Wonderful is a magical elixer. Come by for a few pom recipes...including pom molasses that's FAB!

Priya said...

Wow that a fabulous looking roasted potatoes, using pom sounds absolutely interesting..

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Addin POM juice wouls sure give a flav i know i will so love!!!
And they look so delicious too!
UR DIL rocks !!

Cristina {Teenie Cakes} said...

I luv potatoes too...it should be in it's own food group! These must've been delicious with the POM. Nicely done. :)

Mary said...

WOW! Those are some amazing roasted potatoes!!

Mary xo
Delightful Bitefuls

aipi said...

I love roasted potatoes..the pom twist is definitely innovative!

US Masala

Michael Toa said...

I must try this. Sounds interesting and delicious. :)
Have a great one. Michael

Reeni said...

Potatoes roasted with POM sound incredibly delicious! What a good idea. And congrats on your awards!

Monet said...

What a great idea! I have a bottle of POM juice in my fridge, so all I need is the potatoes. Congrats on your award, my friend. Thank you for sharing...I hope your Friday is delightful!

Cardamom Hills said...

wow...never tot of pom with potatoes but the look of it gives me a feeling that today's dinner is looming here =)

HGourmet Foodie said...

Congrats on your award... Roasted Potatoes with POM sounds so delicious.. What a creative idea!!

Sneige said...

It looks very intriguing as I really love potatoes! :)
I'm so curious ho they'd taste with the POM, I would go to the supermarket to get some immediately! :)

GreenGirl said...

i love roasted potatoes and yours look so delicious. using POM with potatoes sounds like a great idea, thanks for sharing

Lyndsey said...

I like how the Pom makes the potatoes look. What a good looking dish! Yum! I've just seen a post with POM deviled eggs! I need to replenish my POM juice.

I like the name of your blog!

Biren said...

POM is wonderful and combining it with potatoes is ingenious. Those potatoes must be so tasty.

Congrats on your award. Thanks for visiting and following my blog. Glad to follow you back :)

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Never thought of roasting potatoes in pomegranate juice - great idea. I use pomegranate molasses a lot and that is one of my favourite ingredients - must try this :-)
Sue

Angie's Recipes said...

What a novel recipe! Purple potatoes are just too appealing.

Jennifer said...

What an original recipe! Just became your newest follower!

Chic&Gorgeous said...

Hi Elisabeth!How've you been? Wow.. I've never had roasted potato with POM juice before. Sounds interesting and am sure it taste good too since POM is a lil tangy and filled with light fruity flavour. Gosh..you're way too kind. Your words mean the world to me and THANK YOU for continuosly promoting me. ;). Do keep in touch okay? Chat soon. Buzz me anytime in email if you like. Hugsssss..Jo.